Gayme Probe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gayme Probe

A intelligent and penetrating discussion of what lies beneath video games.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Probbies!

+2
MenstrualMagix
Admin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome Probbies! Empty Welcome Probbies! Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

Admin

Admin

Who are you? What are your favorite games? What character do you want to be or be near? Tell us all about it.

https://gaymeprobe.forumotion.com

2Welcome Probbies! Empty Frag Dean Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:50 am

Admin

Admin

You probably know me from Silly Frags. PS3 is my chosen platform. I love Bioshock and Dragon Age, Final Fantasy X (fuck you, Dan), Mass Effect, Jade Empire (pleeeeease make another one), Red Dead Redemption, and Bully (pleeeease make another one).

I am a deep down story guy and am compelled to play by the storytelling in a game.

If I had to be someone in a game it would either be my Shep, The Apprentice from Force Unleashed or Monkey from Enslaved. Monkey is mystery (and damn hot). Mass Effect's world is full of beauty and optimism and Shep handles it all. The apprentice is dead sexy, powerful and vulnerable.

3Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 pm

MenstrualMagix

This is fun! Holy crap I haven't posted anything on forums in ages!

Anyhoo, I love indie games, western rpgs and old games. My favorite games are, in no particular order, the Bioshock series, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Sim City 3000, Super Mario World, Neverwinter Nights, the Baldur's Gate series, Half Life and Portal.

4Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Admin

Admin

I did love Neverwinter Nights and Balder's Gate. Did you play or remember Pool of Radiance? That was forever ago, but beautiful.

5Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 pm

MenstrualMagix

I never got the chance to play it! Thanks for reminding me.

6Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 am

MenstrualMagix

THEY ARE RELEASING A NEVERWINTER MMO. OHMAGAH!

EDIT: Apparently, I can't yet post any external links. Just google Neverwinter MMO.

7Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 am

Admin

Admin

I checked out NWN MMO, looks beautiful. I can not play MMO's.I'd like it if there were some role playing and less grief. I also like having an effect on the world, and everything in MMO's must reset for others. Have you played any?

8Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm

MenstrualMagix

Not much, just the usual (Wow, a bit of Eve online, etc.) but nothing serious. And yes I agree completely. I think Neverwinter should have stayed as a single player game like Dragon Age. I love that setting and if you remember from BG and NWN the game mechanics are much more deep and varied than in Dragon Age. Not that DA is a bad game, but it just seems so limited.

On a side note, I'm eagerly expecting the World of Darkness MMO. That's probably the only MMO I can enjoy, mostly because I love the Vampire franchise from White Wolf.

9Welcome Probbies! Empty RE: Welcome Probbies Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm

iheartwoodlandcreatures

I'm getting back to gayming after a looooong absence. The last gaming system I owned was the Super Nintendo. Now, I go to different friends' places to play their video gaming systems.

I loved playing RPGs like Evo, Final Fantasy 3, The Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, EarthBound, etc. Today, I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. And, every once in a rare while, I play Restaurant City on Facebook. Blech! I hate to admit it, but I do.

If I could be or be near any character from a video game, I would be Robo from Chrono Trigger and I would like to be near Lucca from the same game. It's funny, I always saw myself as a robot because of my brawny build. I also felt protective of Lucca because of the seemingly symbiotic relationship they shared even though one was human and the other was machine.

10Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Admin

Admin

RPG's are definitely the way to go for me. I'm going to have to look up your Chrono Trigger folks. Nintendo was out of my price range and when I could finally buy something it was a Playstation. As a kid I had pong and then The Odyssey, Intelevision, and Commodore 64. The Bard's Tale and another game around that time- some kind of Fallout-esque game where I created a burly Russian named Josef. I'm not sure why he was Russian, perhaps it was from watching gymnastics in the '84 Olympics. Josef has stayed with me to this day. Never saw his face, but I felt a connection to him.

11Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Geejer

Obsessed with video games, even though I don't play enough to be considered "hardcore". My game selection tends to be a couple of years old, since it takes me a while to get through a game. By the time I do, they are cheap on Amazon ;-)
I play mostly on the PS3, PSP and Wii, but love tinkering with old games through emulators on the PC and the Caanoo portable. Don't care much for online multiplayer at all.

My favorite games are action/adventures of the Zelda and the "metroidvania" vein. Metroid Prime, Darksiders, Batman-Arkham Asylum, the DS Castlevania games, inFamous and Ratchet & Clank are among some of my favorites. You'll not find me playing first person shooters (with VERY few exceptions). Franchise I miss the most - Phantasy Star. How I love its brand of neon-colored sci-fi RPG! Maybe Sega needs to get Bioware on it...

Character I'd like to hang out with: Gordon Freeman. Smart, geeky and resourceful, will get you out of any situation with just a crowbar. And I bet he digs a good microbrew.

12Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

SlyRedPanda

Hello! I'm Mario aka SlyRedPanda. I'm an avid fan of "teh vidjagames" and particularly love RPG's. Recently I've started to drift away from them and starting looking more into action games. I still love to talk about RPG's to death though.

Some of my favorites: FFX, FF Crystal Chronicles, Gears of War 3, Smash Bros series, and I do play Pokemon from time to time.

One of my favorite characters in gaming is Baird from Gears of War 3, aside from having a soft spot for blondes, I like the fact that he is a geek/nerd and also very sarcastic. He doesn't look bad in uniform either (bonus!).

13Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Admin

Admin

I love Baird as well, and I think he's a 'mo- no girlfriend or wife, no romantic subplots, sarcasm from here to Uranus... Strangely, many straight players hate hate HATE him. I think he's sexy and squishy on the inside.

14Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:06 pm

SlyRedPanda

Admin wrote:I love Baird as well, and I think he's a 'mo- no girlfriend or wife, no romantic subplots, sarcasm from here to Uranus... Strangely, many straight players hate hate HATE him. I think he's sexy and squishy on the inside.

Absolutely. I would also like to point out that Marcus Fenix doesn't really elaborate on girlfriends or a love interest (despite smoking-hot Anya being right in front of him). He clearly has daddy issues. I think Baird and Marcus dated at some point and Baird eventually left him. Baird is too good for him anyway. Not that I've written some crazy Baird X Marcus Fan fiction... Cool

15Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:35 am

BigfootGolem

Hello! My friends call me Dan, even though my name isn't close to that. I tend to like games of various genres as long as they're good, RPGs, puzzle and RTS are mostly what I play. Currently playing WoW, Batman:AC, a bit of Starcraft2 and trudging my way through FF13, and also a bit of Hero Academy or Persona3Portable during commutes to/from work.

16Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Admin

Admin

Hello, Dan!

17Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 am

Admin

Admin

Anyone playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Title=horrible. My elf is kicking ass magically and the mythology is surprisingly deep.

18Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 pm

SlyRedPanda

I'm not buying any games this year due to my huge back log of games. But I really liked the demo and almost bought the game. Enjoy it!

19Welcome Probbies! Empty Re: Welcome Probbies! Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Admin

Admin

That just sounds like crazy talk. I mean, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite (I hope). Hope could you...you couldn't... wha? I'll play for both of us and tel you what we think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum